ODYSSEY Extreme Series batteries are made with flat plates made of 99.99% pure lead – not lead alloy. Pure lead plates can be made thinner, so we can fit more of them in the battery. More ODYSSEY battery plates mean more plate surface area. And that means more power – twice as much as conventional batteries.
Like many popular spiral-wound batteries, ODYSSEY Extreme Series batteries employ dry cell Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) technology to contain acid, allowing the battery to be installed even on its side. But the densely packed flat plates in an ODYSSEY Extreme Series battery avoid the “dead space” between cylinders in a “six pack” design. The result is 15% more plate surface area — and that translates to more power!
- 680 cranking amps for 5 seconds
- 595 cranking amps for 10 seconds
- 525 cranking amps for 20 seconds
- 17 amp hours
- Short circuit current over 1800A
- 25 minute reserve capacity with 25amp load
- Female brass terminal w/M6 SS bolt
- Length 7 1/16"
- Width 2 15/16"
- Height 6 9/16"
- Weighs less than 14.5 lbs